On day 4 yesterday we introduced the first cohort of our IDO partners.
Today we will discuss
✅ A. 3 easy steps to join a Gen Access Club
✅ B. How you can swap your GenTicket for tokens
( Note — This could be $GS tokens, or the tokens of whichever project is launching on Genpad )
Quick recap of Gen Access Clubs
- Gen Access Club membership is the primary gateway to get a chance to participate 🏊♂️ in Genpad pre-IDO launches
- Note: Gen Access Clubs will account for the majority (75%) of the launch allocation, there will also be a smaller allocation for the open community (25%)
- There are four different Access Clubs — Black, Gold, Pink, and Silver, in decreasing order of benefits to members
- Gen Access Club entry will be enabled by holding a certain minimum number of $GS tokens, for a certain period of time ( check Day 1 post for exact token holding and wallet snapshot requirements )
Each Club will have a dedicated Telegram group which you will need to join
- Additional note : Gen Access Cards, once launched, will make the holder a member of the relevant Gen Access Club. Details on Gen Access cards would be shared later in May.
Part A - 3 easy steps to join a Gen Access Club ♣️
If you’ve been wondering how to join a Gen Access Club and take part in the launches Genpad has to offer, it’s a super-simple process
1- Buy / hold $GS tokens
You need to first hold the required number of $GS tokens in your wallet, depending on the Gen Access Club you want to join ( Black / Gold / Pink / Silver )
- For details on different Access Club requirements /benefits— read the Day 1 post
- For buying $GS tokens — go here
2- Register TG ID & wallet address on the GS App
This is done in 2 simple steps
i. Connect your ETH wallet to the GenShards app
- Go to https://www.app.genshards.com/
- Connect your Metamask wallet (having the GS tokens), by clicking on ‘Connect Wallet’ on the upper right side of the page (snapshot below)
ii. Register your Telegram ID with this wallet
- Click on the ‘Gen Access’ button, input your Telegram username (see📌 NOTES below for instructions) in the ‘Input Username’ field and click ‘Sync’
- Approve the transaction to register your TG ID with the corresponding ETH wallet (snapshot below)
- Once the transaction is completed, you will get a confirmation message on the web page for this registration
📌 NOTES for correctly entering your Telegram ID
- The Telegram ID needs to be entered without the ‘@’ before it
- This field is case sensitive
For example if your ID on TG is ‘@abcD’, you need to enter : abcD
3- Verify your wallet on the GS Bot
- Open @genshards_bot on Telegram
- To begin, type — /help in the chat box
- Next, to verify your wallet, type — /verify (space) Your ETH Wallet address
- For example -
- Once verified, you should see the following message
The above example is for Gold Access Club, you will be admitted to the relevant group as per your $GS token holdings. After clicking on ‘here’, you should be admitted to the group immediately.
📌 Additional notes
If at any point the #tokens in your wallet fall below the minimum number for your Access Club, you will be removed from the Club’s TG Group automatically by the Bot and lose all benefits of that Club.
In this case if you want to re-enter a Club, you can do so by applying to the Bot after you get the sufficient number of tokens in your wallet
. . .
Part B - How you can swap your GenTicket for project tokens 🔄
This GS App allows investors to view their GenTicket details and perform a swap for the underlying tokens through an easy-to-use interface.
📌 NOTE — Redemption of tokens will only be possible after the IDO for the project
📝 It involves 4 short steps…
1. Open the GenTicket web app 🈸
Go to app.genshards.com
You will see the following screen -
2. Connect your ETH wallet 📂
Click on ‘Connect Wallet’ to connect your Metamask wallet to the platform (which contains your GenTicket)
3. View your GenTicket(s) 🃏
Once your wallet is connected and the appropriate token name is selected, you should be able to see your NFT on the display panel to the left (in the current snapshot, it shows ‘empty’ for all the GenTickets, as there are no GenTickets in the connected wallet).
This display will show you
- How many GenTicket NFTs you have (of each type)
- How many redeemable tokens are there in each GenTicket
4. Click on ‘redeem’ ! 🔄
Once you click the ‘Redeem’ button, your NFT will be swapped for tokens.
The appropriate number of tokens as per your Access Club tier will be transferred to your connected ETH wallet.
And that’s it ! Super simple, isn’t it ?
You now have the project tokens in your ETH wallet — which you can then trade on a DEX like Uniswap if you wish.
. . .
This wraps up Day 5 of Genesis… 🌱
Stay tuned for the next update tomorrow ! Genpad is coming.
. . .
About Genesis Shards
Genesis Shards is a decentralized ecosystem powered by Polkadot redefining NFTs as DeFi options, creating a permissionless environment of interchain liquidity for pre-IDO tokens. By wrapping time-locked fungible tokens into NFTs, Genesis Shards is creating a new marketplace for previously illiquid tokens
The next major steps in Genesis’s journey will be announced soon ! Keep an eye on this space for updates.